Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information
The American Legion Department of Maine wants to let you know that we are here for you during these difficult times. Our staff and department officers are working carefully to make sure our organization continues to run smoothly and is here to support you with any issues that transpire. We are also working to help keep you informed on any updated information regarding the current Coronavirus pandemic and how it affects you, our Posts and our Department.
Phone – Department HQ
Leave a message at 207-873-3229 Ext. 2 and a staff member will return your call.
- Cares Act Funding for American Legion Posts
- Coronavirus Emergency Loan Guide and Checklist for Small Businesses and Non-Profits
- Buddy Checks Making a Difference During Pandemic
- Maine Department of Education Coronavirus Update
- Maine Center for Disease Control & Prevention
- COVID-19 Resource Guide for Mainers
- The American Legion National Resources
- US Department of Veterans Affairs - Novel Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Virtual Veteran Town Hall Meeting - March 11, 2021, from 3-4 p.m.
2021 Mid-Winter Conference - Cancelled
2021 State Oratorical Competition - Cancelled
2021 Dirigo Boys & Girls State aka "Dirigo State" - Cancelled
We will continue to update as information becomes available.
To All Legion Posts in Maine!
Please follow all directives from the Federal, State, and Local Jurisdictions regarding the Coronavirus. Each Post is responsible to take proper action. For questions, please call The American Legion State Headquarters at 207-873-3229, Ext. 2
ARE YOU READY TO OPEN YOUR POST HOME?
The Department of Maine currently has two Posts open at this time. If you are considering opening your Post, please contact Department HQ at 207-873-3229 Ext. 2 or 207-754-6044 to follow guidelines and Maine State laws to properly open. The guidelines made to open earlier may differ from the guidelines for June 1st and July 1st.